FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Louis City Center Sheraton [Master Thread]
Old Aug 30, 2005, 9:22 pm
skye1

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
I haven't stayed there, since I live in STL (okay, perhaps a matress run is in order). I have been to functions there, 'tho, so I can tell you that:

I think if you snag a room on the east side of the building you'll have a decent view of downtown (check with front desk which room, floor, etc. On the south side of the building gets you a view of, uh, the freeway either right out your window or below you)

The restaurants of Union Station are within walking distance (altho' most of these are national chain places).

The hotel is across the street from a Metrolink station, putting you within a very short ride to all of downtown, the many cafe's of the Central West End, and the international offerings of the U-City Loop, and walking distance to the currently revitalizing Loft/club district of Washington Avenue.

You're a very short taxi ride to the best Italian food on the planet, in a St. Louis neighborhood called "The Hill." Personal favorite: Cunnettos. You're also a short taxi ride from the Irish pubs and cajun offerings of Soulard (the Gumbos and jambalyas of Norton's Cafe, for example, John D. McGurks--personal Irish pub favorite, for example). You're also a very short taxi ride to the best desert place on the planet, "Ted Drewes". (plenty of info on these in other threads, and if the hotel concierge knows his town, he'll be able to easily point you to these).

Last edited by skye1; Aug 30, 2005 at 9:24 pm