FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Proper Treatment of Platinum Member?
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2005, 7:32 pm
snokums925

Programs: HP/US
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
In my experience, this is a rare occurence. I've had the odd problem with a seat here and there in my flying career but I don't even know the last time something like this happened on HP (as opposed to BA, where it happens regularly) and I've been Plat for too many years to count.

Snookums925 would probably know for sure, but I believe that they have the ability in their system to know who changed your seat. I don't know that they'd tell you who or why, but I think if you wrote a nice letter detailing your inconvenience, someone might look into it and the person who did it may get appropriate attention. I'd certainly write and let them know.

I'd be furious if it had happened to me. (Not that being furious would have helped matters, but that would have been a very long 5 hours.) I'd write.
Depending when the flight was, we would be able to look at seat history and learn how this happened. My personal guess--aircraft swap and the rows didn't match. From that point the system may not have recognized your Elite status. Sorry that happened but like was mentioned above, definetly the exception, not the rule