FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - San Diego Hotels - Consolidated Questions & Recommendations Thread
Old Aug 28, 2005, 3:11 pm
Non-NonRev
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I recently returned from San Diego, where I had Priceline stays at the Omni and at the Manchester Hyatt - both very nice, especially the Omni, where I was placed in a huge suite for my $96 bid

The Omni opened last year, and is next to Petco Park (a skybridge connects the hotel to the ball park). The Omni sits at the base of the Gaslamp District, and is across the street from the sothern end of the SD Convention Center (to give persepctive, the Manchester Hyatt is just north of the nothern end of the SD Convention Center). The Omni houses a branch of McCormick and Schmick's in its lobby.

The rooms at the Hyatt are small but well-equipped. Highspeed (wired) is $9.95 per day (wi-fi is free at the Omni).

Both hotels are within a block of a Trolley stop (orange line, transfer to the Blue Line to get ot Old Town, Mission Valley or Tijuiana if you don't feel kuje driving).