FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Embassy Suites Austin - Arboretum {US-TX}
Old Aug 27, 2005, 11:53 pm
ridgeback

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold
DiamondMan: I don't know why you felt the need to steer the thread toward your theory, being that you're dead wrong and have absolutely zero idea what you're talking about in this particular case.

Here's the precise message I receive when trying to visit collegehumor.com. Read it closely and maybe one day you'll learn to find out the facts before posting b.s.:

"The requested page is currently unavailable. Due to the nature of the content on this website your request has been blocked by the Embassy Suites Austin Arboretum."

The hotel uses St. Bernard software to filter the sights that their guests may visit. Additionally, as stated above, the filter doesn't apply to the hotel's own business office computers -just the guest rooms and the wireless in the lobby.

It really burns me when some know-it-all posts their speculative b.s. as if it's fact when in fact they know not of what they speak.

Originally Posted by Diamond Man
Usually the hotel has nothing to do with whats blocked! Like anything else its the ISP that blocks content. Not saying it is right but Its usually not the hotels choice! Much like a company's filter! I do not have unlimited access to the Internet at work! There are filters that block access to certain sites! In my home its a totally different issue! In a public access venue it becomes a different animal! I certainly understand how the filters may block out sites that are offensive but ISP's are constantly under the Gun so to speak to stop the spam and unwanted intrusions to your e-mail and protecting your security! And feedback does allow us to address the issues. Free right to the Internet is each persons choice and should allowed! But Public access is determined by the Internet Service Providers based on the public they serve!

This is not a Hotel issue...This is a provider issue and we cannot change their rules concerning content!

Last edited by ridgeback; Aug 27, 2005 at 11:59 pm