FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gas: Ways to save $
View Single Post
Old Aug 24, 2005, 4:31 pm
ClassCAir

Programs: CO, AA, UA, DL
Exclamation Gas: Ways to save $ (Speedpass promo's back!)

With the price of gas today, I hope this will be a very active forum!

I am driving across the country in a few weeks, so I am looking to find as many ways as possible at saving gas. Do you know of any rebates, offers, membership programs or gas programs which can help us save at the pump?

NEW- (3/26/06)

The Exxon/Mobil Speedpass 5¢ Discount Promotion is back!

Sign up for a Speedpass and for the first 90 days you have it, you'll receive a 5¢ discount on every gallon of gas you buy at Exxon/Mobil. Plus, you can link any credit card to to the Speedpass. I would suggest one of those credit cards which earn 5% back on Gas purchases. If you do that, you'll be saving in total about 18¢ per gallon or more! (assuming $2.50 posted price per gallon -5%, -5¢). $20 is the max you can get back.

What is Speedpass? It is a little wand that fits on your key chain. When you request one, you link it to any credit card. Then, once you have it, when you go to fill up at Exxon or Mobil, just wave the wand infront of the special pad on the pump and your credit card is automatically charged.

The promotion's link is here. Sign up and activate your speedpass anytime before Dec. 31, 2006 to get the offer. Some have signed up to get several Speedpasses over time to extend the 90 day savings period. Residents of FL, LA, MA, NC, NJ, RI and SC will receive a $20 ExxonMobil Cash Card instead.

Some credit cards which give back 5% cash or reward points on gas purchases are Chase Cash (or Rewards) Plus, Citi Dividend or Diamond Preferred, and Discover Platinum Gas.

Last edited by ClassCAir; Mar 26, 2006 at 3:09 pm Reason: Updated offer