FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FA's promoting end of Wright Amendmant
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2005, 5:19 pm
HKG_Flyer1

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL DM; EK SLV; HHonors DIAM; Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by GoBears99
HKG---you asked me to identify some of your anti-AA venom/vitriol, and this is it. I mean come on, do you believe for a minute that WN is not also encouraging people to pack constituent meetings for local elected officials?
This isn't vitriol. Here's what Rob Steiner had to say in a recent communication to AA employees:
Here's how you can help support AA's position to keep the Wright Amendment. During the month of August, Congressmen Burgess and Marchant will be holding constituent meetings. Please pick a meeting place convenient to you from the list on the Flight Service website and plan to attend. All you need to do is say thanks to the Congressmen for supporting DFW Airport and American Airlines. If possible, please wear your AA uniform or other AA paraphernalia. These meetings are open to all employees regardless of base, so if you're in or near the DFW area please try to attend on of these important events.
I don't know whether Southwest is encouraging employees to pack constituent meetings even if they aren't constituents, but nothing of the sort has come to my attention. If it did, I wouldn't approve... I don't think it's appropriate. General meetings, yes. Constituent meetings should be for constituents.