FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 4k Bonus Promo
Thread: 4k Bonus Promo
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2003, 8:29 am
NJDavid
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
"Roomy" has to be right up there with "simplified" and "enhanced" as the worst doublespeak and carp that Mecca has ever produced – meaning it is being used to describe a condition when the exact opposite is true..

If one were to list all the adjectives in the world and then line them up according to their applicability to Continental aircraft, I've gotta think that "roomy" would be down near the bottom 5% of the list near such words as flavorful, contemplative, obsequious, purple and clairvoyant.

I object to almost all of their assertions (Friendly??? Respect?????), but roomy takes the cake.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 880:
I got the same mailer.

It's titled:

"Because, believeve it or not, it's how you get there...that's still important."

Inside

"No airline is perfect. But some are better than others We at Continental believe in a simple formula: roomy, clean planes that arrive on time and friendly people who take you where you want to go. We've also refused to scrimp when it comes to things like meals, pillows and blankets, movies and magazines."

(then it mentions the amazing bonus offer, but of course it can't be on q or t class)

(Here's the kicker close)

"Talk to us first.

Will you fly Continenetal 100 percent of the time? That's up to you. We just want you to consider us first. We figure that exceptional service, state-of-the-art facilities and planes, more destinations, and the best frequent-flyer program anywhere will bring you back often enough.

Fly with us. You'll earn bonus miles and we'll earn your respect."

(of course I wom't have much respect for myself if I buy 3 high fare tickets for 4000 bonus miles)
</font>

[This message has been edited by NJDavid (edited 02-11-2003).]