FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Joette Schmidt leaving HP; corporate officers to be reduced 34% post-merger
Old Aug 18, 2005, 6:59 pm
mjcasta

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
The Missing Link

I am racking my brain here; but, I belive that Joette was with US prior to HP and this would explain why she would want to exit. If not, then she must be fully aware of US and does not want that stink on her.

US is the drain in your tub. It has sucked down not only every company it has ever associated with. It has also sucked the morale and creative energy from those who were incorporated into the company.

A good example, ask anyone at US. Are you US or . . . . . you will rarely find someone who would say Piedmont or PSA. Speaking for PI, the lion share left the company within the first 6 months.

US is tops of my list of campanies who are badly in need of new leadership, a breath of fresh air and a major attitude enhancement.

I really feel sorry for HP. In the 80's I nearly joined them and have friends who have weathered many storms with a smile and great determination. The only hope for success is to lose as many US senior staff and management personnel as possible and hope that the HP corporate culture is intigrated and takes hold.

If not . . . . well there goes another down the drain.

Last edited by mjcasta; Aug 19, 2005 at 7:20 am