FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Annoying fees
Thread: Annoying fees
View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2005, 6:34 am
dillard8

What really bothers me is the hotels that bill themselves as having such great service and then nickel and dime you for all of the little things that make up that service. I stayed at the Peninsula Beverly Hills with my mother last January, paying about $500 for the room for one night. Hotel was lovely, service was lovely, and upon checking in, we were asked what newspaper we would like in the morning (open ended question, no options given). I said I would like the Washington Post "if you have it." The gentleman at the desk said that he wasn't sure if they had the Post, and I said that was fine, and if they didn't I would take a NY Times. In the morning, there was a NY Times outside our door, so I didn't think anything else of it until we were leaving the room to check out and I saw that there we had a second newspaper - a photocopy of the Washington Post. Well, upon checkout, there was a separate $5 charge for the photocopied Washington Post. Not enough to fight over in the grand scheme of things, but it left a bad last impression of the hotel.