FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Annoying fees
Thread: Annoying fees
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2005, 4:12 pm
grumbler

Programs: AC SE 2MM, too many others
Originally Posted by prncess674
The majority of hotels cater to the business market who seem to have endless supplies of money. Being a wealthy person you are welcome to make choices but frankly by NOT ordering the club sandwich you really aren't hurting anyone and the hotels really don't care. Your protest of one isn't even a blip on the radar screen. The super wealthy individual traveller is few and far between and if they truely are that wealthy they usually pay for the $20 club sandwich if they want one.
In the luxury bracket, I often find a clear distinction between luxury properties (even those in cities) that are recreational properties and those that are business properties - Blakes/Dylan Amsterdam is one example. of a premium luxury hotel that sucks as a business hotel. But even in that type of a luxury hotel on a personal stay, I hate being taken advantage of by astronomical broadband internet prices, etc. BTW, I think you would be surprised at how many people (who are not millionaires) do pay for luxury travel on their own dime.