FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - vip ugprade about turn?
View Single Post
Old Aug 17, 2005, 2:46 pm
saimike

Originally Posted by RChavez
Same deal here too.

I still think that AA should permit the OP to buy back the discount, and then use his VIPs. Especially considering that there has been no communication about their ineligibility in this situation.

Also, AA really should disseminate some form of official communication on this so as to prevent this confusion going forward. If even some of our most esteemed and knowledgable EXPs on this forum are surprised by this, then obviously there's room for improvement in the way AA makes known the terms of the VIPs.
rchavez,

i think the point of contention here is not the 5% discount (which everyone suspected, save the sup i spoke to), but rather the n*webpm fare.

after hitting a wall for 15-20min talking to the sup, i blinked and topped up another my fare to one that was upgradable. i'm not very good at thinking on the move, so i might have failed to pursue strategies that might have tilted the conversation. if there's anything else i can do at this point, i'd appreciate hearing it.

to me, if aa.com says that only i,o,q fares are non-upgradable, any fare basis that starts with n should be upgradable. i think they are bending logic by interpreting those 2 lines the way they did.

the fact that the same priced tickets is an "o" fare now makes me wonder if someone in aa mistakenly put it in the n fare bucket weeks ago and they are mopping it up now ... false advertising through incompetence?