FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Downgraded from first
View Single Post
Old Aug 15, 2005, 11:49 pm
BNAChairman

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Nice Response from the CP Desk

On a trip this afternoon/evening from BOS to CLT and CLT to BNA, I was confirmed in both legs in F at the seven day CP upgrade window. The BOS to CLT leg was delayed by about 1.5 hours, but I was in good shape since the ship on the first flight would also be used on the CLT to BNA leg. Upon arrival in CLT at 7:25, they had already decided that the CLT to BNA flight would be on a different ship, but same equipment (737). The second flight was scheduled to take off at 7:00, but was still at the gate with the boarding door open. I was in luck that the new gate was right next to my arrival gate, but I was surprised when I was informed that I had been downgraded to coach. The gate agent claimed that they didn't think I would make it on my inbound flight in time and had reassigned my seat. While this conversation occured, someone came running up behind me, showed his boarding pass and took a seat in F.

I understand that since I didn't pay for F, I should have no expectation for F, but I've never been downgraded like this in 3 years as a CP. Has anyone else been downgraded like this for reasons other than a FAM taking a seat or an equipment change, i.e. 320 to 757? It would seem that the same system that always holds flights for late inbound pax would also save seat assignments for said pax.

The always helpful CP desk made a nice gesture by upgrading a future flight outside of the 7 day window. I really hope the new US keeps this perk.