FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Hotels to use the SPG50 (50% OFF Rack Rate Certificate)...
Old Aug 15, 2005, 5:21 pm
gregorygrady

Originally Posted by gleff
Seriously? Was this booked on the phone with Starwood? This would certainly run contrary to my understanding of what was possible at this property. (I had understood that the Sheraton Tahiti and Sheraton Moorea used to offer the SPG50 rate plan, that the Bora Bora Nui did not, and that none of them do any longer as they've moved into line with the Hawaii division. At least that's what I recall from Starwood Lurker's explanation in the past.)
My little brother actually also was able to use the SPG50 at Bora Bora. He was also on his honeymoon at the same time you were there on yours and he thinks you were in the OWB next to his (I gave him a link of your Trip Report to read............were you guys outon your balcony/patio/lanai/whatever it's called in Bora Bora in your bathrobes a lot, if so he thinks you were his neighbor, he and his wife are ~25 years old I don't know if you saw them). He was there 8 nights (5/30-6/7). The first three nights they booked a Beach Bungalow (~$300 per night) and then the last 5 nights they booked an Overwater Bungalow (~$600 per night). They were upgraded when they arrived to an OWB for the full 8 nights. I heard on FT (maybe from you) that you couldn't use SPG50s at BBN, but it seemed to work fine for them. I assume they booked via phone thru Starwood/SPG. BTW, my brother's wife is SPG Gold.