FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which is the nicest USAirways Club?
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2005, 12:45 pm
BNAChairman

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
A big club-related question for me in the upcoming merger relates to Parker's recent comment to analysts along the lines that US has cost reduction opportunities in reducing services specific to business travelers at the airports themselves. While what I read didn't specifically quote him as referring to "airport clubs," it's hard to imagine what else he would be talking about.

HP only has clubs at their two hubs -- PHX and LAS. I wonder what they'll do with the US clubs. I won't be surprised if they're whittled down considerably. If so, which ones are likely to stay and which are likely to go?
Yes, Doug's comments as well as the fact that HP Platinums have so much trouble upgrading are big red flags for this merger as it relates to business travelers. As EnvoyBoy points out, though, no one really knows anything at this point. Let's hope they keep the best aspects of each airline's benefits, otherwise many people on this board will be posting on the DL, AA, UA, and NW boards in the coming years.