FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can't see why IC allow this RA referral thing...
Old Aug 11, 2005, 10:22 am
Dino2020

Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
Well it was you RJB that told me about the Le Grand depart promo offer, I had never even stayed at an IC till then, since then I become Ambassador, then platinum then RA thanks to FT, and I like RJB I have spent more at ICs than I otherwise would, I really like the program and the benefits thats why I stay at CP's and HI's when there are no IC's every point counts towards those reward nights at IC's.

They certainly have my loyalty till as RJB said the guaranteed upgrades vanish

Originally Posted by RJB
Me

What we forget, however, is that the '3 stays at an IC and already be Plat' rule is NOT widely publicised. And there is no evidence that people who meet this basic criteria are being made RA unless they ring and ask for it - and I very much doubt non-FT'ers would ring and ask for it because no-one would believe that the criteria is so low!

I don't really agree with RA referrals, but thats how I became an RA. Does that make me a hypocrite? Possibly. I have also spent a lot more with IC this year than I otherwise would, which also proves that RA DOES drive them extra business. However, the day that the upgrade is no longer guaranteed is the day that I stop using them.