FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Keeping Miles From Divorce
View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2002, 11:54 pm
Golden Tiger

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jay106:
Her request is part of standard operating procedure in NJ. It's in the papers she signed, listed under maritial assets, along with our stocks, house, cars etc. Case information sheet I think it's called? The one where she details how she needs more cash than we ever took home (10k/month) to live in the lifestyle she was used to... My lawyer not only sees it and told me it was coming..I'm told I can expect to lose nearly half. Can anybody offer anything? thanks</font>
Isn't there a clause in OnePass that says that the miles are property of Continental Airlines and can be forfeit? My guess is that if it can be forfeit at the whim of another party, it can't really be classified as your own property.

For instance, power of attorney over a company budget for being an officer isn't your property though you may freely spend as the guidelines allow. Your spouse can't take half of that. Does she want half of your friends too? I think the Continental OnePass miles are more analogous to that model than of your own property.

[This message has been edited by Golden Tiger (edited 11-24-2002).]