FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Involuntary Downgrading rights on aircraft changes??
Old Aug 5, 2005, 8:10 am
Pickles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by JoePilot
Just curious if anyone knows where I can turn for help?

I confirmed a ticket on CX from HKG-BAH in First Class using AA miles about 3 months ago. Recently CX downgraded my flight from A330 to 777 and now only offers J and Y class. They re-booked me in J class, but wont rebook via anywhere else to remain in F class, which is what I'm using miles for. AA wont do anything as travel already began on this ticket, so they wont re-book or offer any miles for the involuntary downgrade. Who is ultimately responsible here, CX or AA?
I don't understand. What does the fact that the flight already started have to do with rebooking? AA can rebook you in another HKG-BAH flight on CX that might have F. Unfortunately, none of them do. I think you are in a tight spot. CX has no obligation to do anything for you, since you are using AA miles, and they do what they've done to you with distressing frequency. You might get a break from AA if you write them a nice letter asking for the mile difference on that segment.