FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG or Marriott or Hilton?
View Single Post
Old Aug 4, 2005, 3:00 pm
DENPremEx

Programs: 1K (I know, my screen name is outdated), Marriott Plat, *Wood Plat, Five Star, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by thegingerman
I need to decide which hotel is going to be my chain for business stays. My company will let me do any I want. Where can I find the pros/cons of SPG vs Marriott vs Hilton vs ? ?

TIA

I suspect most people in this forum will say SPG is the best whereas most people in the Marriott forum will say MR is the best and most people in the Hilton forum will say HH is the best.

Seriously, a lot of it depends on where you travel and who has hotels near by. *Wood has roughly 750 hotels whereas Marriott and Hilton have many, many more. This could be an issue if you travel to places like El Paso, TX (no *Wood properties). Every program is slightly different and it depends on what matters to you. Personally, I love SPG, can't stand MR (still a Plat and still get lousy service from people who are unable to decipher what "high floor, away from elevator, thank you" means) and think most Hilton's (and their lesser bretheren) should be "remodeled" with a wrecking ball and some dynamite.