FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - the most ironic statement about CDG2 I've ever seen
Old Aug 4, 2005, 1:14 am
Falco Peregrinus

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Originally Posted by joshua3
I guess you could say it's quite ironic that CDG2 was never planned (airportwise) as a hub since it now is probablyy the biggest skyteam hub around.....
Correct. Drawbacks of success, I would say. Anyway, do you have much choice other than expanding existing terminals along an axis parallel to existing runways? What do you think of London Heathrow where aircrafts actually land between terminals , and the confusing dispatching of BA flights between terminals 1, 2, and 4?

Yesterday I had my longest walking experience at CDG: 2A (the most remote part of it, the small circular appendix to the 2A main building where usually CO aircrafts disembark) to 2F2 (UK, Japan, Canada, Brazil...). It took me about 15-20 minutes. Would the connection shuttle bus have been quicker? Not sure, if one has to include waiting times.

And, from a benchmark point of view, are 15 min walks a rarity at Schiphol and in major US airports?