FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free/Close to Free Yearly Magazine Subscriptions
Old Jul 28, 2005, 6:29 am
cmccool

my eBay feedback

Originally Posted by dhilpert
Yes, there are good deals on Ebay but I've had more problems with subs. than anything else. They always take a long time (8 -12 weeks) and I think some sellers count on you forgetting about it or something as they have "lost" several of mine. Also multi-year subscriptions are often only renewed once a year which gives the seller time to disappear or go out of business. Buyer beware.
Too bad that your experiences with magazine subscriptions have been less than favorable. Mine have been outstandingly positive. ^ ^

I have found that ordering subscriptions through eBay vendors take no longer than if I order directly from the magazine itself. I have had no problem with multi-year subscriptions. The multi-year price is usually less than the lowest single year price from other vendors, so even if the subscription ended after a year I would not feel bad. I have ordered multi-year subscriptions for less than $8 (TOTAL, not per year) for ESPN, Conde Nast, GQ, Travel Holiday; single year subs for Nat Geo Travel, Nat Geo Adventure, Frommers. There are probably others I have forgotten.

Anyway, I just wanted to provide my viewpoint. I encourage people to use eBay for subscription renewals and new orders.