FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Consolidated "Lounge Access in PEK (Beijing)" Thread
Old Jul 26, 2005, 7:03 am
MBS MillionMiler
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by pcause
I just returned from PEK last week. On checkin I got the coupon that allowed me to choose one of the lounges. I chose the BGS lounge, based on the posts I saw here. I have to say that I didn't find the lounge to be bad at all. Furniture was OK and comfortable. There were the usual selection of drinks (soda, beer, etc). There was a small buffet that wasn't bad. Actually, I've had less food available in NRT or ORD at the RCC then I had in PEK. Overall, an OK lounge.
Here here...I missed this thread the first time around, and glad that I chose the BGS lounge--randomly, versus the AC lounge. I was quite impressed with the lounge--better than most RCCs...Contrasted to a few posts above, here's what I observed there 2 weeks ago:

Drink selection was better than any RCC I've been to anywhere--booze, 10 kinds of beer, soft drinks, juices, teas, coffee.

Food selection was better than any RCC I've been to anywhere--hot dumplings (which I passed on), cookies, full desserts like blueberry cheesecake and eclairs which weren't bad, sandwiches and more.

Was not hot or humid in there--very comfortable, not crowded and plenty of room to spread out.

There was a putting green in the back of the club (towards the end of the windows). Never seen one of those in any other club before. Was a fun way to kill about 3 minutes .

Communications/work areas seemed to be lacking. Free dial-up, but you can get that anywhere in China.