FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anything better than baby wipes if no shower?
Old Jul 25, 2005, 12:49 pm
Capricorn

Pleae Do Not Use The Handicap Accessible Bathroom!

This is a plea for you NOT to do this is the handicap accessible bathroom. There are a lot of stresses incurred by people with mobility impairments. Using the bathrooms on a flight is a real problem so having accessible bathrooms available is a necessity not a luxury after a long flight.

I have done transcontinental flights while wheelchair bound. I am thankfully mobile again but I will always see things from a different perspecive now.

Just imagine yourself unable to use the bathroom on the plane for 7 hours. Then you land and have to wait until everyone else has de-planed before you can get up out of your seat. And then you hope someone has called ahead and there is a wheelchair waiting for you (my observation is that the success rate on this is only 50%). So you have to wait some more. Eventually, you get off the plane and find the accessible bathroom. Now imagine that you find the accessible bathroom but it turns out to be occupied by some able bodied person. The further wait while they attend to their ablutions is horrendous !!!!!!!!!!!.

PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T BE SO SELFISH.

Rant over. Thanks.