FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jakarta (CGK) - the ultimate Q&A thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2005, 11:07 pm
Marquis790

Programs: UA, AA, DL, SW, JB, Spirit; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
What can I realistically do in JKT for 10hr layover on a Saturday?

Hello again. Thanks to everyone for their previous replies to my last questions. I've confirmed my itinerary and my partner's gotten into contact with some people in JKT to meet us and show us around. However, as lots have pointed out, traffic is really bad there, and at least one contact has suggested that we just meet and hang out in the airport because traffic will be so bad.

Here is our itinerary. Saturday 8/20 arrive CGK from MES on AirAsia (AWAIR) QZ7503 1050am...depart CGK for DPS on QZ7518 at 840pm.

I know that we'll be arriving on a Saturday and traffic will be bad, but is there ANYTHING we can do in JKT during such a layover?

Finally, can anyone with direct experience with AirAsia in Indonesia (AWAIR) help me? Their FAQ says that check in is 45minutes before departure and that it closes within 20minutes of departure. That said, will I have to wait until we arrive back at CGK to check in for our evening flight, or can we check bags through when we arrive? I ask because AirAsia's FAQ makes it clear that they are point-to-point carriers only. If this is the case, are there storage lockers in CGK?

Thank you again in advance for all the help!