FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Milwaukee Marriott West or Courtyard Brookfield. Any recent stays or comments?
Old Jul 20, 2005, 9:08 pm
Dodge DeBoulet

Originally Posted by ohmark
Upcoming trip to Milwaukee; downtown properties are sold out (there is no downtown Marriott or Ren). Thinking about the Marriott Milwaukee West or Courtyard Brookfield. Any comments or recent stays? They're about the same price; any preferences between them?
I'm at the CY Brookfield as I write this.

I've been here nearly every week for the last 15 months, on a long term project. The staff is great, the property is well-maintained, and it's convenient to a great number of restaurants and stores. The breakfast selection is above-average, and some rates are inclusive of the buffet. It's also right next to a Bally's, and guests are provided complimentary access.

The Marriott Milwaukee West is a newer property, and from what I've heard is quite nice. However, you'll pay extra for internet access (free at the CY), and it's a bit more remote . . . although it's not particularly hard to get around Milwaukee and its suburbs. Downtown is another matter, with the Marquette Interchange construction.

The CY has been sold out many weeks this summer. Don't know if this is true of the Milwaukee West property.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, let me know.