FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jakarta (CGK) - the ultimate Q&A thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2005, 3:08 pm
rbrenton88

Programs: CO Plat, *A Gold (all peacefully retired)
Beware of Stadium right about now. There is some gang retaliation going back and forth with the bouncers/employees, and the occasional crossfire incident is likely (although they've been using swords!)

I'm due to arrive in mid-August for what will be my 20th visit, although I'm a creature of habit, revolving between staying at the Intercon hotel, going to work, and then heading off the Shangri-La.
I have been to a number of nice restaurants, but I just an never recall the names. I know, I'm a fountain of information.

I can tell you that the Intercon has wi-fi for 120,000Rp for 24-hrs, and if you stay on the club level ($80), they throw it in for free.

One more note about the city in general. Although all major hotels have added carbomb security checks before cars can approach the entrance, the latest warning comes about walk-in bombers attempting to get inside lobbies before detonating. Given the quality of the door screeners, I can see this being fairly easy. So I would avoid the Hyatts of the city which are the busy meeting places, or if you stay in one, dont spend much time loitering in the lobby.