FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maine Lobsters and Lobsterfest questions
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2005, 2:26 pm
sfmaine

Programs: Hilton Diamond,SPG Plat,Marriott Plat, Hyatt Gold, US Chm
Originally Posted by Mike1625
I'll be in Maine for one night, August 6th. (arriving at about 4 PM). I know my dinner will be lobster, but I'm coming alone, so I don't want a fancy place, just a reasonably priced casual place. Anyone have a good suggestion.

Also, I love to explore, Acadia (spelling?) I think is too far away for my very short visit (I land at 4PM leave 6PM the next morning). An internet search told me Rockland, Maine was having a lobsterfest .. has anyone been to it, is it worth it, or should I do something else. I would be tempted to take a drive up the coast, to see Maine anyways, so Rockland is on the way.

Any help is always appreciated.

Thanks!
Mike
If you are arriving at PWM (Portland). Rockland is about 1 1/2 hours away. Weekend traffic in Maine, especially on the coast, is pretty hectic. Where will you be staying?? I would recommend limiting yourself to either 1 hour north or 1 hour south of Portland. Better yet stay right in Portland and visit the "Old Port" section. you can get "lobstah" anywhere in Maine. Newick's Restaurant is pretty good, very Maine and inexpensive. If you arrive at MHT (Manchester). don't even think about going to Maine. Too much traffic and you don't have enough time. If you arrive in Boston, Stay there. Traffic from Boston to Maine, via NH, is extremely hectic on weekends. 7 mile backup at NH toll is tpical on weekends. Enjoy your stay in Maine!!!