FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Taipei or Kuala Lumpur For Short Tourist Stay
Old Jul 19, 2005, 8:00 pm
Darren

Originally Posted by PresRDC
Basically, is 2 nights (and one full day) in KUL worth giving-up CX F (which I've flown many times) or is there not enough to do in KUL to make it worth it? Also, is there enough to see in TPE as a tourist to make it worth a one night stay?
Can't say anything about KUL other than I have heard the opposite. I have been told it's very nice there and quite interesting.

Taipei, imo, is a two day city and no more. I really didn't get much out of my visit there with a few exceptions and I have found many, many more interesting things in Asia. But there is enough for two days without a doubt. One of those days must be the National Palace Museum. It's a bit of a hike (Taipei is very big) but worth the time and cost. It's actually a sore point between the mainland and Taipei because the mainland wants the pieces back. But it's the single biggest museum on China in the world. The pieces have quite a history if you do a google search. There is also a large night called Shilin which is interesting though if youre in Singapore and Hong Kong then you might be marketed out. BEWARE OF STINKY TOFU!!!! Consider yourself warned. Finally, there are quite a number of interesting temples in the city.

As I said, I didn't feel that it required much more than a couple of days. I enjoyed Beijing, Hong Kong, and Singapore more in general. But the National Museum is worth the trip, imo.

As a side note, make sure to get the the National Orchid Garden in Singapore.