FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jakarta (CGK) - the ultimate Q&A thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 18, 2005, 7:30 am
BuildingMyBento
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks

Originally Posted by LightSpeed
Just stumbled across this thread, so while u might be done with the RTW already, here goes anyway:

There's a cavernous club called "Stadium" in Kota which has a reputation for consistently pushing the limits on the progressive/underground house music scene in Jakarta and host to the usual big-name Dj's (Sasha / Oakenfold et al) in addition to the local hot shots. ^

Since it's down the road from Mangga Dua, you could always go shopping, leave your spoils, and continue partying at Stadium. Last time I was there, I the place was known to be open non-stop through the weekend (you could literally start on Friday evening, and not stop partying until Sunday night without leaving the place).
ah yes, Stadium, one of my favourite hang-out spots in Djakarta. I went there in April, with an American friend and two Indonesian women, and right from the start my friend and I were awe-struck at just how amazing that place is. Maybe the only negative was getting stuck in the elevator, but at least that didn't last too long...
we went to the 4th floor (lantai empat) which is where the house music (I believe) is, and the cover was Rp. 50. 000, with a free unusual grape "vodka" carbonated drink. oh right, well I guess the other problem was that half of the people in the club were swaying their heads, can you say "E"?