FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to read the codes in PNR?
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2005, 4:40 pm
lhrworker

Programs: BAEC, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Gold Passport, Tesco clubcard!
Originally Posted by ACfly
So to my questions:
(1) Does anyone know how to read the PNR? Here are the patterns that I see:

a) each line starts with the following (and I assum that it measn the different functions:
SSR = Special Services request ??
*SSR = dont know what * means
SK?
RX?
FA?
FB?
FP?

b) the next set of codes are four letter codes:
NSST = ?
ADTK = ?
PSPT = ?
ECST = ?
LCLB = ?
CTCE = ?
SALL =?
SPGS = ?
APIA
APID

c) Under each of the segment are what appears seat allocation followed by e* like *1A//E* - 1A is for the seat, what does the E stand for

d) also after the from and to location (i.e. LHRDXB) there is a HK1 (and this looks like a comment attached).. but I could be wrong..

What amazes me is all of the record that is kept by BA for this trip...
HK1 is a confirmed seat. If it said HL1 it would be waitlist for a requested seat.

It depends how the agent puts in the details. I am not resrvation trained but i understand a bit of PNR stuff... i have to:

The APIA / APID stuff is the sections of the APIS details that are required for immigration to DXB and other places so you may have entered them on the ba.com or they maybe stored as part of your profile on your exec card. It would probably say like your date of birth and your passport number for instance....

SSR is just a reservation comment that is part of the booking. If the agent wants part of it to come up when you get checked in then they may put a comment is such as:

SRCHKINBA-PAX REQ 2A/K

and this will show up in the booking as SSR CKINBA PAX REQ 2A/K

or something like that!!

If you ever see RM it means remark and this is a note in a booking that can be viewed by all (inlcuding travel agents but if you see RX then this is for BAs eyes only.

CTC means contact, PAX means passenger PPT and PSPT means passport WCHR is wheelchair PHOH is passenger hard of hearing, and the list goes on.....

Hope this helps!