FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Hotel San Francisco [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jul 16, 2005, 11:12 am
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by MIKEM
I filled out the missing credit form at SPG.com. Now I receive an email stating I have to fax in my statement, Blah Blah Blah. I had such a great stay and now I'm getting hassled about the points. This post stay problem brings down my opinion of this hotel. Toni Knorr, only if you knew?

Just did the math - they only used the room charges for point calculations. Moreover, on the bottom of my statement it says, "you will get at least XXXX points," which is what I got - just the room rate. The problem is that I charged about $1,000 in food over the four days. It appears this hotel does not give points for food - or at least feel they do not have too.
In the big world of miles and points I consider that to be the least of the concerning issues.A simple fax (can't vouch for email) usually clears the matter up.The good folks in Austin have always done a brilliant job resolving all such issues.Once in a blue moon it goes a little more slowly then hoped.

Now Problems ? I will share you some serious stay problems
You would be happy to be missing points that just need a simple adjustment on an account.
I hope that I don't have to do one of those rant trip reports anytime soon.But I feel one coming on very soon For now I will leave that for
another thread and a future date.At least I can say it is not a W

But sadly a hotel at this point of the game that should be performing at way higher standards
Sounds like you had quite a party at the W SF.I'm jealous.
I have to book my return soon
Thanks for sharing all the details.It is interesting.
By now hopefully those points are already posted
As they say don't sweat the small stuff.
Easy for me to say but then its not my points missing
Cheers