FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Park Central, Dallas, TX [Master Thread]
Old Jul 14, 2005, 12:38 am
ILUVCITIBANK

Location: SWUSA / AA PLAT, SPG PLAT, AMEX CENTURION, HHONORS Diamond
This property will likely be semi-empty, since it appears to be focused on business travelers who won't be around for the weekend. I received the largest suite upgrade I'e ever received at a starwood property at this Park Central a couple of years ago, though, again, it was a weekend, I was a newly-minted PLAT, and it was post-911 and a ghost town here (and a rainy weekend to boot). We have not been back only because we prefer the Westin Galleria due to the physical attachment to the mall.

We like this Park Central, but it is not our favorite starwood in the Dallas area (Westin Galleria is, because its attached to a fun mall w/ ice skating rink). Either Westin (Galleria, or this one) are centrally-located for trips into the downtown area, though you will need a car if you stay at this Park Central whereas you could possibly do without a car at the Westin/Galleria.

As for things to do - I am not familiar enough w/ the Dallas area to advise on recreation. On Fridays, the Dallas Morning News inserts a 25-40page "weekend" guide of current events into their paper...I strongly advise you get the FRI edition when you hit the ground and find this insert...tons of ideas on weekend events, and tons of restaurant reviews also.

For my family, this would not be the ideal DESTINATION hotel, per se, but it makes for a nice "jumping off" site for trips into the downtown area, or heading north as well, as it is positioned on a newly-constructed major interstate interchange. IOW - not a bad choice at all.

Last edited by ILUVCITIBANK; Jul 14, 2005 at 12:41 am