FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF Staff travel
Thread: QF Staff travel
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2005, 7:02 am
QF WP

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
In a former life, I was married to a QF staffer and received staff travel benefits - the QF "fare codes" were QEA or QEB (Qantas Employee Class A & B, IIRC) depending on our relationship to the QF staff member. Now I'm a little rusty (it was 1994 that I last used the benefits, after all ) - QEA meant that you were the QF staffer/married to/de facto of; whilst QEB was you were an appointed person on their profile, I think...

We travelled ID90 most flights (always had to wait until all paid pax were onboard before we could be assured of any seat availability) and I distinctly remember being bumped/refused on 2 separate occasions...once in MEL and once in ADL (both returning to BNE). So that meant waiting for the next day..due to one of those bumps, I missed a Company Board Meeting and they were not highly impressed .

I only used the "International" flight benefits twice - BNE/AKL/BNE and BNE/NAN/BNE. Didn't even get upgraded on our honeymoon on the latter flight (on FJ).

Having to go through Staff Travel to get the tickets issued was a pain - needing multiple tickets on multiple carriers in case we were bumped, endless checking of loads, ah those were the days .