FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BF incident -- what would you do?
View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2002, 8:51 pm
sfupgrademe

Programs: American Airlines Platinum
Since you weren't hurt, of course you wouldn't sue. BUT aside from the report I would also write a letter about the incident to one of the Continental exectives [Suggestions, anyone?].

My reasoning is, if that was, as you were told, something that outside the package, then it strikes me that the person in the galley was not paying proper attention and/or was distracted and not following proper procedures. If it were inside the ice cream, then they are having a problem with the maker of the ice cream and may wish to consider a change.

The tone of your letter should be concern about safety, following proper food prep techniques, and quality of the overall BF experience. You should emphasize how it is both in their interest and yours to see that things go more smoothly without such an incident. The tone should be graceful and helpful.

Don't mention you were on an upgrade reward, merely that you were flying BF. See what sort of a response (or anything else) you get and please let us all know the result.

[This message has been edited by sfupgrademe (edited 06-14-2002).]