FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam General Discussion Thread (Where to go? Which hotel? etc.)
Old Jul 12, 2005, 5:56 am
Rasputin

Originally Posted by jmilliken
I also stayed in Ho Chi Minh City at the Sheraton in January. I think the price is reasonable, hotel is nice and new, and they treat Platinums very well.

J

I am a gold -- any thoughts about what I might expect? (Couldn't find anything on the board.) Also, I've been trying for a cash & points res with no luck at all. (I'm checking nearly every day, hoping they open up some inventory.) Is there any chance that this hotel does not have any "standard" rooms and that's why there's no cash & points?

I'm here on a tourist trip and going sort of cheap (above backpacker level, but not full on business level). There are better priced mid-range hotels and therefore I'm curiuos whether as a gold I'll get benefits that justify using 4,000 points per night instead of booking a decent $50 hotel in the same area. (The pool does look sweet . . . )

Many thanks in advance for any info you can provide. My trip is shortly after Labor Day.