FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change in elite seating policy
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2005, 10:29 am
HeadInTheClouds

Originally Posted by SDF_Traveler
With the United Plus product, I have found some travel agents are able to get their customers in those seats, making it more difficult for UA elites to get the seats.

In Australia, there is a large chain travel agency called Flight Centre (I call them Fright Centre). They have a shop on almost every corner it seems; it's like McDonald's in the states, everywhere you go, you pass one.

All these once a year travelers with no UA status book with them and they somehow manage to get their customers into E+ seating. I know this isn't the UA forum, but I'm just trying to point out seating quirks with other carriers.
Granted. But it should be said... since E+ was introduced, I have never been unable to get an E+ seat. Ever. Same for every friend I have who is Premier. I very much favor UA leveraging E+ to get more money, or perhaps better contracts with travel agents as long as it doesn't degrade the product... which hasn't happened IME.

While NW's policy sucks, I effectively now find it the same as UA's. If I have a companion on a different record on UA, the hassle is too much for me to bother with. I just count on doing it at the airport. [Or I upgrade us both ] Oh yeah... a CR1/SWU on NW... what's that again??? guess that's not an option