FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam General Discussion Thread (Where to go? Which hotel? etc.)
Old Jul 6, 2005, 11:10 am
Score8

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Originally Posted by room service
I stayed there in January. The hotel was fine and as a Plat I was upgraded to a nice suite. The hotel is probably the most guest unfriendly place that one could imagine. They have staff at the foot of the elevators to make sure you don't take any new found friends upstairs. On the 23rd floor there is a nice bar with live music. It is a good place for meeting new friends however when you get into the elevator you cannot stop at your floor. The elevator stops only at the ground floor where you walk around the staff and cross the isle to enter an elevator which will go up to your particular floor. I didn't bring anyone down so I don't know if you would be challenged but it would appear likely that you would, otherwise why wouldn't the elevator stop at your floor on the way down.

If you walk outside the hotel the hotel to the left, turn right at the first block and another right at the next block you will find a bar called U2. The U2 is a nice place for making friends. Everyone in the bar told me that it would be impossible for anyone there to enter my hotel room. I told her to dress nice and walk in alongside of me and we would not be challenged. I was correct. We ordered room service and the food was great.
Too cryptic...I'm not sure what you mean