FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Compensation Definitive Thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2005, 10:36 am
xiety

Should I seek compensation on a delayed award ticket? (LONG)

So as some of you know, I was supposed to fly ROA - CVG - FCO - IST this afternoon. This is an award ticket in the F cabin. Well, Delta canceled the ROA - CVG leg so that certainly isn't happening today.

What's disturbing is, Delta did not give me a call about this. I got all my stuff ready and was about to go to bed, when another FT member who was trying to help with my questions told me that my flight was canceled. So I looked up online and there it was, canceled.

So I called Delta, was on hold for 1.5 hours from 12:30 AM to 2:00 AM (Eastern) and finally got to talk to somebody. She told me the cancelation was weather related. So I asked her "when was Delta planning on informing me on this?" and she told me they were going to give me a call in the morning. Ridiculous So I was a little pissed but I knew there was nothing this lady could do and it wasn't her fault, so I kept my cool.

So I asked her whats going to happen now and she told me I was rebooked to July 4th: ROA - ATL - JFK - IST with ATL to JFK in coach. Now, normally I wouldn't care about such thing till after my trip (I'd write a letter to Delta) but I have a cat that will be traveling with me, so I tried a few pressuring techniques so that they give me a all the way (except ROA - ? leg) first/business trip. So around 3:00AM, she informed me that she managed to get me and my cat on a ROA - CVG - JFK - IST flight on July 4th.

Now, I hate traveling on holidays. Check-in lines, security lines, boarding gates are all gonna be crowded. Planes will be full, etc. Oh well, there's nothing I can do, I don't wanna be another day late.

Anyways, what now sucks is that I had bought a ticket from Istanbul to another Turkish city (Adana) from Turkish Airlines and now that's 40 Euros to change the date on that ticket. I really would rather get Delta to pay for this, so I am guessing asking about this specific compensation post-trip is more appropriate?

And as you can see from the photo above, do you think there's any chance to get Delta to waive the excess fee for one of my extra 2 luggage as they have messed up my whole schedule?

What other forms of compensation should I seek?

Thank you!

Basar