FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GP retracts on all TACA awards reservation not ticketed!!!
Old Jul 1, 2005, 4:46 pm
tvl4free

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Question Time for a pow wow...

I just got my e-mail too. 500K+ in award requests were denied. I guess you guys know that I have kinda been riding Randy hard about the GP issue - to which I kinda got a whippin' recently. But that's ok... I can handle it.

Apparently Randy is doing a write up in the next issue of IF. Well, I hope that he hasn't gone to press yet - so that the rest of the story can be aired. And there WILL be more to this story... A LOT more I am sure. Can this wind up similar to the FIJI Travelocity deal? Ultimately, everyone was ticketed, including moi!

Personally, I think that this is basically a TACA issue now. If we can put some pressure on them to honor the tickets requested by June 30th, then we might be able to salvage what we have. This could be very, very bad press for TACA Airlines. Does anyone know some journalist with the MIAMI HERALD? Or in SJO and/or SAL.

I can see it now,

TACA LEAVES FREQUENT FLYERS

STRANDED!

Let's brain storm. Where do we go from here?

Last edited by tvl4free; Jul 1, 2005 at 5:52 pm