FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four more hours in LGW - darn traffic!
View Single Post
Old Jul 1, 2005, 5:03 am
DYKWIA
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I wonder how BA handles these exceptional traffic situations with 'normal' unrestricted economy tickets. It does make me laugh sometimes when you see people complaining that they got held up in traffic when everyone else seems to have made it on time.

However, there are situations when half a flight is held up in traffic (as I believe is was like this morning), what happens then?

Do they make any attempt to help out by re-booking, or is it 'tough t*ts, you should have bought a flexible ticket'?

I was stuck on a train last year on my way home from Glasgow. I was sitting next to a girl who was on her way to some carribean island on a charter flight from MAN. She had about 5 hours before her flight was due to go, and it was only around 40 minutes to the airport from where we were. The train stopped behind another broken down train, and 5 hours later, we'd moved about 2 miles. The train then 'terminated' at Bolton, and we had to find our own way to our destinations.

She was convinced they'd book her onto the next flight once she got to the airport, but I wasn't so sure. I didn't point out the fact that the next flight was probably a week away. She probably lost her whole holiday.

Cheers,
Rick