FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four more hours in LGW - darn traffic!
View Single Post
Old Jul 1, 2005, 4:25 am
Funster

Programs: BA, UA
Four more hours in LGW - darn traffic!

So there I am - up bright an early this morning - 4-bloody-AM! - ready to set off on my day-trip to MLA to kick-off my DEL trip in August..... all fine, right the way up to the M23..... and then - WHAMMO! Traffic galore - into the terminal with ten minutes to departure - stuffed!

Still the F and J ticket sales people were fantastic. Rebooked on the 1600, get in 2000, turn around, straight back on the plane for a 2055 departure back to LGW!

This is not how I intended the day to turn out! Oh how I was looking forward to spending the day in Valetta, soaking up the sunshine, having a decent lunch, and generally pottering around.

Now, I have, ooh, another four hours or so in the Terraces at LGW. Have thumbed through the mornings papers, have a book (or three actually!) in the bag that can keep me busy, the trusty iPod is yet to be called into service today, and maybe there'll even be a bit of tennis on the telly to keep me occupied?

So what else can I do? Those of you more familiar with the surroundings of LGW can no doubt advise as to how I can while away a few more hours?

Thank heavens for BAEC Silver today!