FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Technical question for US transatlantic upgrade experts
Old Jun 30, 2005, 2:46 pm
phlwookie

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by sts603
Club members get the Club. *Gold (not Carribean flights) and confirmed Envoy pax get the Envoy lounge....it is traditionally more crowded but it's only open in the evening where the Club is also available in the morning for Club members heading to the Carribean. Envoy has free food and self-service booze - Club is a traditional (but very nice) club with light snacks and free non-alcoholic beverages.
Just to confirm, because I've done it many times while an Envoy upgrade was pending for me, as a Star Gold you can use the Envoy lounge, so long as it's open. As a * Gold they should direct you to the Envoy lounge when arriving at the front desk, even if, like me, you're also a club member (and you need not mention you're a club member there if you are). I've found that the people working the Envoy lounge are a bit better at handling upgrades and telling you where you fall on the list. As a * Gold I think you can bring one guest into the Envoy lounge (never tried more), whereas for US club members you can bring two guests or the family into the club.

Obviously for the morning Caribbean banks only the US Club is an option.