FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Impressions of New DFW International Terminal D
Old Jun 25, 2005, 9:40 pm
ProTexana
Suspended

Programs: AA
Also previewed it

Also went this afternoon. Will just add a few things to what tismfu said...the AC is positioned near the North Village area and the agent said the views are not interior ones, but outside views...toward B to the east and the outside sky to the north and west. Should be nice.

As far as ticketing, 23-40 are definitely branded AA/AE with the only other one listed as TACA but I also noticed that the Gates 1-22 signage had AA/AE as well in addition to Lufthansa, Korean, BA, etc., meaning I think there will be ticketing for AA at that end, too although it is not branded yet.

Skylink: The nice thing is that the stations are right next to the North/South Village concession/shopping areas so you can take Skylink to either one quickly if you have a layover and want to try the restaurants. They are mixing in shops with the restaurants, too. There is a Fossil in the North Village and a Reata Grill there, too, that was visible. In addition, if you take the right exit out of Skylink (every station has 2), you will end up not far at all from any gate in D since those 4 exits cover about 10 gates each.

Linking with B/C: At the end of the north side (Gates 23-40--all AA), there will be a direct link into those side gates in B that are currently used by Eagle. There is a escalator up and crosswalk over Int'l Parkway to get to C.

Spacing: Some areas have "bunched" gates (3 or 4 together) where I imagine a lot of the domestic flights will go out from.