FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrading with Miles?
View Single Post
Old Jun 25, 2005, 6:25 pm
cab747

Originally Posted by robertw477
I booked a flight 2 weeks ago. I tried to upgrade the flight to First using miles. I was originally told that First was empty at the time of booking. I had to transfer a few extra miles to AW to book the upgrade. I called three times and they tell me nothing available. Sounds like they are playig games. Need some info. The flight is 30 days away. Are they trying to sell every seat before allowing a F upgrade? Need info I have not flown them in years....I think I know why.

In 2003 they told me there were no meals in (f) due to 911 security issues. Now thats funny

Rob
I don't know the exact flight you are on, but most likely, at the time you inquired upon first class availability vs. the time you were ready to redeem the miles for the upgrade, the availability was no longer there. Availability can change at any moment, regardless of the number of seats actually available.

HP, like any other airline, does not give away all of its F seats away via mileage and/or elite upgrades. Various threads show that HP is selling a large number of its F seats as well, which is going to limit the availability for upgrades. You just have to keep checking until availability *might* reappear.