FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom [Master thread]
Old Jun 22, 2005, 10:55 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We also had two rooms last year, in July for fifth night free, at the old 28000 point rate which was a great bargain. We had used extra points for castle view and that's what we got. Both rooms were kings with sofas and tables. Lounge was open daily for light continental breakfast and evening drinks and some canapes, chips and such. The guys went to the gym which they said was wonderful. We got takeout pizza one night from their restaurant and ate lunch when we arrived in the lobby bar. Pizza was fine; lobby bar was unbelievably slow so we went elsewhere after that.

The interior is beautiful (outside like an office block) but there were some service issues, the worst being a situation with our dry cleaning. Their vendor decided to wash things we specified dry clean because the label said "hand wash." Of course they weren't dry to get back when we needed them and my expensive pants were basically shrunk by a size. I've been afraid to give cleaning to hotels ever since and just take it down the street myself which is faster and cheaper anyway.