FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - M on Bund - Shanghai
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2005, 1:17 pm
magic111
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
A group of us ate there at the Shanghai DO in Februaryfor brunch.

We were offered 3 dishes and I had the roast pig which was quite good. Other two offerings were Eggs Benedict/Florentine & Pumpkin Pesto and Pine Nut Risotto which my sample taste from Jerrie's plate was also very good. The highlight of a meal for me which is different for a great number of other posters in this forum is desert and although it is not the same quality as the same as you and I had at the last meal where we sat at the same table, M is not Masa's, it was quite satisfactory. (offerings included M very famous pavlova, warm apricot and blackberry crostata or chocolate expresso torte)

One of the things about having a meal with about 15 other FTers is that sometimes whom you are having the meal with overwhelms the meal itself. This was not the case for me. To quote GK (who just might be part hobbitt when it come to eating) the brunch was 'yummy'. And he posted his quote after he crossed the river to have high tea at the shangrila and then recrossed the river to have canapes at the lounge at the westin before dinner that evening.

Not sure what other meals you have lined up but overall do not think you will be disappointed by M's offering even if the meal is the only reason to go. Our menu follows:
Menu is set price of RMB 218 +10% service charge (makes it US$30) per head, for three courses, welcome drink and unlimited tea and coffee:

Welcome Drink: Choice of bloody mary, virgin mary, champagne cocktail, mimosa, fresh OJ

Starter: Choice of fruit platter with yoghurt, honey or pistachios; whole wheat and ricotta pancakes with berry compote and maple syrup; or scrambled eggs with cured salmon and asparagus spears.

Main: Choice of suckling pig stuffed with prunes, sage and pine nuts & trimmings, eggs benedict / florentine; or pumpkin pesto and pine nut risotto

Dessert: Choice of M's very famous pavlova, warm apricot and blackberry crostata or chocolate expresso torte

Last edited by magic111; Jun 20, 2005 at 4:23 pm Reason: found the menu