FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gaza's crazy mileage run to AKL
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2005, 5:01 am
Gaza

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
I've survived. Just!

Sunday 19th June

After a much needed shower I left to AC and made my way to the gate. I arrived just as they were preboarding First Class. I took my seat 1F and settled down. The seat is not too bad but the legroom at the bulkhead wasn't great. The cheery crew greeted me and offered a drink. No Sam Adams so I stuck with Heiniken.

The obligatory warm nuts were served, which I declined. The crew were very chatty and pleasant and seemed to be having fun. About an hour in to the flght I was offered a choice of grilled chicken or some sort of beef rib dish. I choose the chicken. It was accompanied by a green salad and choice of dressing. It was quite tasty and better than the meal I had had in CE from WAW. After the plates were cleared the sundaes were served.

The views on the way up are spectacular. However, I missed the best bit - the glacier - as the cloud cover increased. We arrived in ANC about 10 minutes early after 6h 30m of flying.

I went to baggage reclaim and waited for my bag. I had last seen it at ORD so I know it had got that far. The flight was full and there was lots of luggage. I decided to go back up to check-in and make sure I had a BP and they didn't give my seat away. The check-in agent then handed me a pile of BP's ANC-ORD. ORD-SJU, SJU-MIA, MIA-LAX, LAX-HKG and HKG-CTS!

I went back down to baggage reclaim and took my bag off the belt and back up to check-in. There was aproblem with the baggage label printer so my bag was only sent as far a ORD on a manual tag.

I cleared TSA security through the First Class lane and went to the gate an boarded straightaway. I was in the exact same seat and once again both cabins were full..

The meal service on this flightwas only a snack. A chicken wrap or veggie pasta. I choose the chicken (again)! The attentive crew kept offering refills and again the service was better than what I've experienced in CE. I hate it in CE when you are not offered extra drinks and have to keep asking.

I slept a bit but a long period of turbulence kept me awake during the middle of the flight.

We arrived in ORD at 05:20 (30 minutes early) and it seemed no one was expecting us.

TBC.

Have to go to gate for flight to SJU!