FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to Spend 670k Points on One Trip, Honeymoon trip report with photos (BOB/SYD)
Old Jun 19, 2005, 9:39 am
gleff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by SteveinA2
I will be sure to make a reservation at the resturant you recommend at BBN
Villa Mahana is outstanding. The other restaurant on Bora Bora worth eating at is Top Dive.

At Bora Bora Nui:
* Iritai (the formal dining restaurant, dinner only, reservations recommended but not necessary the night I went though you'd get a better table outside with reservations) is terrible
* Tamure Grille (beachside restaurant: complimentary breakfast buffet, lunch and food in the afternoon, dinner) is decent but certainly not gourmet
* Room service - very limited options, decent. There's one page for breakfast, one page for all-day dining, and then there are several elaborate options (tapas, barbecue, etc) that are expensive (more than 10000 CFP pp)

My own routine consisted of the breakfast buffet, not so much because it was complimentary but because it was so nice to linger in the restaurant with a sand floor looking out at the beach, bungalows, and water while having lots of coffee brought to me. We ate well there and generally had a mid-afternoon snack followed by dinner (although the mid-afternoon snack sometimes left us not too hungry for dinner, and one night we skipped it and just spent the whole evening on our deck).