FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestion - Communication of FT Changes/Enhancements
Old Jun 16, 2005, 9:19 am
Randy Petersen
Founder of FlyerTalk

The google ads were simply something tried out by our advertising department. I think they fully understand that FlyerTalk because of its size and traffic is a very expensive Web site to run. Annually it costs more than $150,000 a year to provide to our members. We have three full-time tech and content people committed to the project, the bandwidth which you can appreciate is fairly expensive, a growing stable of servers and other hardware as well. We never used to have ads in the early days, i simply paid the bills. But the bills are much larger these days.... To date I have more than $350,000 personally sunk into FlyerTalk and our hope is that shortly with things like the google ads, that at least the Web site pays for itself. I'd do it all over again - contributing the time and money for FlyerTalk - and just hope that you understand that I'm not made of money!

Actually there is something fun and exciting coming along shortly that will be a refreshing option for any of you bugged by google. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Randy

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Thanks for your time, Randy. ^

I think I mentioned above that I respected any reason you might have for not being forthcoming about Coupon Connection rules, and that hasn't changed.

One other event (and the genesis for my original post) was the addition of the Google ads in the forum threads. There were a flurry of posts after that implementation as well - thanks to the efforts of the moderators, they were addressed.