FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RA referral value
View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2005, 7:20 am
Shareholder
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by EdV
Isn't it true that the newly referred RA would get all of the above, EXCEPT the additional referral form? I have just received an RA referral from a friend here on FT (thanks you know who) but haven't yet activated it. I called the line for a quick question and the agent told me that I would get the entire package as listed above and many times before, but WITHOUT THE REFERRAL CERT!. She said that I would need to qualify in the "normal" manner to get that.

When pressed on what's the "normal" manner she said, "Attaining PLT status (I assume via points or nights) and 3 nights in IC properties (not the same one either!). :-: When I asked about the $100 renewal she said that yes it will maintain RA AND PLT status, but still NOT entitle me to a referral cert! Make sense to anybody else?

I wonder if some of us who did get the Referral Certificate with our initiation RA packages got them because we would have otherwise qualified under the new 3 stays at 3 different properties within a 12-month period? I know I had at least that number of stays before I was gifted my referral cert, and had my 60K points for requalifying for Plat the following year?

When I sent that Referral Cert on to another FTer who I felt deserved the upgrade in status, he spoke with the Customer Service people before sending it in and they told him not to bother, he had enough stays and they upgraded him there and then. He kindly returned my cert, which I than passed along to another FTer who had helped me on another matter.

I have just renewed, so expect my kit in a week or two. Shall advise if it contains the RA Referral Cert as well as the 5K one [which I think I shall hold off cashing in until the start of 2006, just to fast-track myself should promos next year not be so generous, or the required points are raised...