FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RA referral value
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2005, 5:24 pm
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
Originally Posted by Motion122
Originally Posted by AJLondon
In assessing the 'value' of the referral, I would break it up into different components of it's worth to the receiver:
-A free wknd night cert
-Unlimited minibar access (including alcohol!)
-Suite/Exec room upgrade at booking
-Guaranteed 8am check-in (a godsend for those early morning arrivals to SE Asia!)
-Platinum PC level automatically (i.e. a 50% bonus on earning points)
-Automatic renewal of status with US$100
-Another referral form with their card
So as a referred RA I will receive all of the above? If so, it is well worth the $150 RA fee.

Is the renewal unlimited even if I don't reach 50 nights or 60K points in PC next year?
Isn't it true that the newly referred RA would get all of the above, EXCEPT the additional referral form? I have just received an RA referral from a friend here on FT (thanks you know who) but haven't yet activated it. I called the line for a quick question and the agent told me that I would get the entire package as listed above and many times before, but WITHOUT THE REFERRAL CERT!. She said that I would need to qualify in the "normal" manner to get that.

When pressed on what's the "normal" manner she said, "Attaining PLT status (I assume via points or nights) and 3 nights in IC properties (not the same one either!). :-: When I asked about the $100 renewal she said that yes it will maintain RA AND PLT status, but still NOT entitle me to a referral cert! Make sense to anybody else?